Store Manager Job Opening
Under the general direction of the EDC, the Store Manager is responsible for the planning, coordination, and launch of our new Wintun Mini Mart. The incumbent is responsible for developing a startup and operating budget, recommending the purchase of the necessary equipment, assisting in the selection and implementation of an inventory management system, defining job positions for recruitment, developing third-part suppliers, and the general planning and launch of the Store. The Store Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities, work assignments, customer service, and maintenance functions of the Convenience Store and Gas Station. The incumbent is responsible to collaborate with local vendors and suppliers to improve community relations, reduce running costs and boost profitability. The incumbent is responsible for the profits, expenses, inventory levels, and success of the Store.
Position Title: Store Manager
Department: Wintun Mini Mart
Reports to: Economic Development Corporation (EDC)
Position Status: Regular, Full Time
- $2500 SIGN-ON BONUS
$1250 ON YOUR FIRST PAY-CHECK
$1250 PAID AFTER 90-DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits
- Holiday, vacation, and sick paid time off
C-store located in Colusa, CA
To apply click on the following link: https://www.indeed.com/job/store-and-gas-station-manager-6c39de7b5fdd1a1a
Or visit our website: Colusa-nsn.gov
You may also contact the HR department at 530-458-6523
This position requires a highly motivated self-starter with retail store management experience. Store manager responsibilities include overall store management and supervision of store employees.
As a routine part of the pre-employment process, all candidates for employment must successfully pass pre-employment drug screening.
The incumbent is expected to work in accordance with the mission, purpose, and values of the Colusa Indian Community Council.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct the daily operations of the Convenience Store and Gas Station;
- Ensure compliance with company standards in all areas of operation including product preparation and delivery, customer relations, maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, and financial accountability;
- Ensure that the highest quality service is delivered to each customer; Address customer needs by immediately resolving conflict, inspiring long-term customer relationships;
- The incumbent will plan, develop, prepare and manage the store budget to ensure proper fiscal controls;
- Supervise the ordering, receiving, storage, and issuing of all assigned products, along with the planning and service of all assigned menu items;
- Participate in the sourcing of products, developing creative methods of displaying and merchandising products to generate revenue;
- Provide other administrative and operational support to Convenience Store and Gas Station Operations as needed;
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, and training of team members. Ensuring to hire employees who demonstrate excellent customer service;
- Ensure that store merchandise is stocked and displays are attractive, priced correctly, and displayed in a safe manner;
- Complete daily paperwork and computer entry in a timely manner as established by the organization;
- Conduct Store meetings with employees on a weekly basis. Meetings are to include safety and security issues and training;
- Perform cashier duties as needed;
- Follow and enforce all Company Policies and Established Procedures in the Store Operations;
- Implement and enforce all merchandising and vendor policies and procedures;
- Assist in planning the yearly Store budget;
- Develop rapport and make connections with retail vendors and customers;
- Work with multi-level of departments and vendors to effectively operate the Store;
- Review operational reports and records to ensure adherence to Company policies and procedures, monitors store profitability, and manage payroll;
- Help solve problems that affect the store's service, efficiency, and productivity;
- Assist with all daily staff responsibilities as required;
- May perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree with a major in business administration, accounting, finance, or a closely related field OR a combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Four (4) years of retail experience
- Two (2) years of retail management experience
- Convenience store and gas station management experience is highly desirable
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and Insurance
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to open and/or close the store, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be bondable.
SUPERVISORIAL DUTIES: All Store and Gas Station employees
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines;
- Solid and effective interpersonal and work supervision skills to provide guidance to other personnel and work effectively with partners on joint projects;
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team; working effectively with diverse groups, departmental staff, the CICC community, and visitors;
- Ability to use critical thinking to deliver absolute execution of the operational components of the store;
- Skill in identifying the customer's perspective and maintaining a commitment to excellence in customer service;
- Must have the skill set to motivate, encourage, and challenge store staff;
- Skill and ability to perform inventory control functions, including physical inventory counts, receiving, and storage of materials. Skill in analyzing inventory data and identifying discrepancies between the physical inventory counts and the recorded inventory counts;
- Knowledge of menu management systems foodservice software, with ability and skill in creating spreadsheets and reports using Word, Excel, or other software applications;
- Skill in creating and editing documents in word processing applications using moderately advanced features;
- Knowledge of foodservice sanitary and safety standards, cost control and expense analysis, food selection and ordering;
- Knowledge of current food trends and food preparation in diverse cultures; Colusa Indian Community Council
- Skill and ability to supervise food production staff in the basic principles of food preparation and handling, including standardized recipes, batch cooking, and proper temperatures for storage and service;
- Knowledge of financial systems, including financial analysis and budget preparation systems, online purchasing systems, and timekeeping systems;
- Possess solid decision-making and reasoning skills, and the ability to develop original ideas to solve problems, and perform operations analysis and quality control analysis;
- Provide solid verbal and written communication, including active listening, dynamic flexibility, critical thinking, and the ability to multi-task and ensure effective time management;
- Mathematical and cash control skills to accurately complete drawer counts and prepare deposits;
- Intermediate computer applications skills to include food service applications such as point of sale and inventory control software;
- Skill and ability to plan, organize and coordinate the work of assigned staff to accomplish daily operational goals in multiple locations, with the ability to lead staff in the execution of all menu items;
- Ability to use communication skills, verbal and written, to effectively and professionally communicate with staff, management, and customers using tact and diplomacy at all times;
- Ability to create written documentation, manuals, and written protocols using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
- Ability to direct, organize, and prioritize workload to meet required deadlines and departmental objectives.
- Physical activities include engaging in repetitive motions, bending, kneeling, twisting, stretching, squatting, pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, reaching, and/or using a step stool on a frequent basis.
- The Store environment is well-lit, ventilated, and temperature controlled. The Gas Station may require exposure to various seasonal elements such as rain, wind, cold, and heat in excess of 90. The noise level is quiet to moderate.
- Required to move or lift up to fifty (50) pounds