Chris Richardson Scholarship
The Tribal Convenience Store Association (TCSA) is offering two $2,500 scholarships in memory of Chris Richardson to trade or academic students employed at a c-store operated by a member tribe.
- Must be employed at a c-store or support staff operated by a current TCSA member tribe.
- Must continue working for the c-store throughout the scholarship period.
- Must be enrolled in a trade or academic school. Applicants must continue enrollment for the full academic year without interruption, barring illness, emergency, or military service.
- Must be a United States citizen.
How to Apply
- Apply: Complete the online application form (below).
- Transcript: Arrange for the college/university attended to send transcripts showing courses taken and grades received. If your school uses an electronic transcript system, links should be sent to ExecutiveDirector@TribalCStores.org.
- Recommendations: Arrange for completion and return to TCSA electronically or by mail recommendations from:
- Option 1: Two (2) Professors
- Option 2: One (1) Professor and one (1) Employer
- Essay: Complete and submit a personal essay of about 500 words on why you are applying for a Chris Richardson Scholarship.
- Deadline: All documents must be submitted to TCSA by June 15 to be considered for the scholarship.
From qualified students submitting applications, the TCSA Scholarship Committee will determine those to be interviewed. Selectees will be notified and interviews will be scheduled after the first week of April. Only those interviewed will be given further consideration. Final decisions relating to all matters of eligibility and award of the scholarship rests solely with the TCSA Scholarship Committee. Scholarship winners will be announced at the TCSA May membership meeting.
Scholarship award checks will be mailed to the recipient’s home address, made payable only to the scholarship recipient’s college or university.