Stillaguamish Tribe of IndiansTCSA Sponsor since 2019
In 1855, our indigenous population resided on the main branch of the Stillaguamish River, as well as the north and south forks, near present-day Stanwood, Washington.
The name Stoluck-wa-mish or Stillaguamish, has been used since 1850 to refer to our people who lived along the Stillaguamish River and camped along its tributaries. Our ancestors were a party to the Treaty of Point Elliott of 1855, under the spelling Stoluck-wa-mish. However, no separate reservation was established for the Stoluck-wa-mish River Tribe. Some moved to the Tulalip Reservation, but the majority remained in the aboriginal area along the Stillaguamish River.
In 1974, the Tribe petitioned the secretary of the interior for acknowledgment and recognition as an Indian Tribe. On October 27, 1976, the Tribe achieved federal recognition and treaty rights and was made eligible for federal services.
In 2014, the Tribe was granted a 64-acre reservation by the federal government. We have several tribal facilities and businesses located on the reservation, near the Stillaguamish River, in Snohomish County, Washington. Our Tribal headquarters are located in Arlington, Washington.