General Manager Job Opening
Elwha Enterprise, Inc. (EEI) is looking for a new General Manager. The General Manager is responsible for all day-to-day operations at Lower Elwha Food & Fuel, Cedar box Smoke Shop and Elwha Peaks Cannabis. The General Manager is under the supervision of the Executive Director (ED), responsible for all day-today functions of EEI business operations.
WORK LOCATION: Lower Elwha Food & Fuel
4773 S. Dry Creek Rd
Port Angeles, WA 98363
SUPERVISED BY: ED or Tribal Council
POSITION STATUS: Full Time, BENEFITS
SALARY LEVEL: DOQ
WORK SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm. On-Call, Weekends, Nights (Planned)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY: include the following but other duties may be assigned.
- Direct store operations and build a winning team that provides excellent support and training to the staff.
- Properly delegate duties to the Management Team that include but are not limited to, hiring, training, scheduling, and motivating employees.
- Monitor/Supervise the managers of the enterprises. Ensure Monthly inventories and audits are complete and accurate. This will include scheduling and overseeing an End of Fiscal Year inventory, annually.
- Ensure correct product pricing accordingly for each business.
- Proactively build sales and marketing to drive revenue. This includes working with a Public Relations team to properly stay ahead of the latest trends and buying habits of consumers.
- Make sure all tax, licensing, and contractual documentation that is required for the business annually, monthly, and daily get done by managers/employees.
- Lead, supervise, and train management team (Manager, Assistant Manager, Supervisors, and Leads) about products and procedures.
- Provide regular feedback to the management team to ensure customer satisfaction and employee retention/performance.
- Implement and maintain a preventative loss plan.
- Maintain compliance with all safety rules, laws, and regulations.
- Assure store consistently opens and closes at predetermined times per ownership.
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement
- Maintain the physical appearance and cleanliness of the store and property.
- Stay educated and informed on the latest trends in the C-Store/Cannabis and Service industry.
- Manage all controllable costs to keep operations profitable.
- Structure proposals to request permission for many needs involving the business. Presenting those proposals is also required periodically.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must have a valid State of Washington Driver’s License (ID) and obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred) in Business Administration or related field. Or an Associate’s in Business Administration plus 5 years experience in retail/sales, with tribal enterprise/compact experience.
- At least five (5) years of leadership experience in a C-Store, Food, Fuel, or sales-driven environment. (Retail, bar, restaurant, sales, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Point-of-Sale (POS), inventory management software, or Computerized Daily Book like SSCS.
- High proficiency with the full suite of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Able to work varied days and shifts, including weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and drive operational execution.
- Proficient communication skills, mediation techniques, and the ability to receive and process critique, suggestions, and directives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patrons and other staff.
- Ability to discuss and negotiate terms of agreements and contracts with vendors and distributors. You will be asked to make presentations on proposals and other pertinent business information.
- Public speaking experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute ratio and percent and interpret graphs. Understanding of basic accounting.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in various forms and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong decision-making capabilities
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certificate of Degree from an accredited university or college
BACKGROUND CHECK AND UA
- This position is classified as a sensitive position. Therefore, the applicant must submit to and clear a pre-employment criminal background check as well as standard drug and alcohol screening.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate a passion to serve customers and guests in our community.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, including State-Tribal compacting in Washington, and the ability to familiarize oneself with applicable Tribal Ordinances/Regulations.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff, guests, and vendors.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Proven ability to manage and supervise teams effectively.
- Accounting and Data Entry Skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Critical thinking skills
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds or less.
- Capable of bending, kneeling, stretching, sitting for a long period of time.
- Able to utilize visual acuity for extended time on the computer.
As with all positions of the Elwha Enterprises, Inc., this position is Indian Preference in hiring, in accordance with P.L 93-638 as modified by tribal policy, with preference applied in the following manner: (1) Lower Elwha Klallam Tribal Members; (2) Members of other federally recognized Tribes; and (3) Other applicants.
OPENING DATE: February 7th, 2022
CLOSING DATE: Open until Filled
Human Resources Department:
Sandra Johnson, TERO/Employment Services Director
Brandy Williams, HR Professional